Organic Produce Network Exclusive: Soren Bjorn of Driscoll's featured in "Take Out with Ashley & Robyn"
The Last Harvest, a film produced by Driscoll’s, that follows three family growers as they discuss their challenges and the future, had an exclusive airing at the Organic Grower Summit, followed by a panel discussion on the farm labor crisis in the United States.
On a rainy morning in early December, organic farmers gathered for an intensive educational seminar on soil health presented at the Organic Grower Summit. The panel provided a heavy blend of science and technology with old-school, tried and true, hands in the dirt experience, outlining strategies to protect and nurture the soil that is the lifeblood of organic growers.
It is clearly difficult for the sales of organic fruits and vegetable to continue the double digit growth in retail sales that they have experienced through most of the first two decades of this century. But a trio of presenters at the “Organic Sales Data Dive and Analysis” session of the recent Organic Grower Summit promised that the future is still bright for the category.
1. Rodale Institute Launches Family-Focused Clean Water Initiative
2. Eastern Carolina Organics Announces Rebrand to Happy Dirt
3. UC Davis completes trials of Hazel Tech packaging
4. USDA Announces New Members of the National Organic Standards Board
5. Encinitas Farm Hopes to Feed 5,000 More Low-income Residents