1. Rodale Institute Launches Family-Focused Clean Water Initiative
Rodale Institute recently launched a “Grow Clean Water” initiative aimed at educating young families in the Philadelphia region about the connection between farming practices and healthy rivers and streams, according to a press release.
2. Eastern Carolina Organics Announces Rebrand to Happy Dirt
Eastern Carolina Organics, a farmer-owned corporation based in North Carolina, has announced the official launch of its new brand identity: Happy Dirt.
3. UC Davis completes trials of Hazel Tech packaging
Hazel Technologies, Inc., is proud to announce the successful completion of peach, nectarine, and plum supply chain quality trials with the University of California, Davis. Researchers found that Hazel packaging can maintain post-harvest characteristics such as firmness and color retention in seven different varieties of peaches, plums, and nectarines in standard supply chain conditions.
4. USDA Announces New Members of the National Organic Standards Board
The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced the appointment of five new members to the National Organic Standards Board (NOSB).
5. Encinitas Farm Hopes to Feed 5,000 More Low-income Residents
An Encinitas-based farm hopes the public will help it raise another $25,000 by year’s end in an effort to feed at least 5,000 low-income residents in San Diego County.