1. UCANR to Establish First-Ever California Organic Institute
The University of California will be establishing its first institution designed specifically for organic research and education; the California Organic Institute.
2. Twelve Organic Certifiers Recognized for Enforcement Successes
The USDA National Organic Program (NOP) recognized the work of accredited organic certifiers with awards for extraordinary support of the National Organic Standards.
3. CCOF Partners with Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold During Super Bowl to Provide Grants to Farmers who Wish to Grow Organic Crops
Michelob Ultra Pure Gold is ditching the traditional celebrity-based approach during the Super Bowl and instead highlighting a new program, the 6-For-6 Pack, to help farmers transition 6 square feet of farmland into an organic pasture.
4. Grimm Families Establish Center for Agricultural Business in Largest Gift Ever to CSU Bakersfield
The Board of Trustees of the California State University approved the establishment of the Grimm Family Center for Agricultural Business at CSU Bakersfield, made possible by an extraordinary endowment created by Barbara Grimm-Marshall and Kari Grimm Anderson
5. Cece's Veggie Co. Organic Squash Fries
Fry-nally a healthy veggie fry for snacking-Introducing: Cece’s® Veggie Co. Organic Delicata Squash Fries.