1. Bridges Produce Announces New Rico Farms Location
Rico Farms newest location in Guaymas, Mexico has begun shipping their first crop of organic hard squash.
2. Cal-Organic Farms Offers Limited Edition Red Bunch Carrots
Cal-Organic Farms, the nation’s largest producer of organic vegetables, is now shipping organic red bunch carrots from Coachella, CA.
3. Berry Growers Commit to 100% Recycle-Ready Packaging
In another step to further reduce the produce industry’s environmental impact, major North American fresh berry producers announced their commitment to use 100% recycle-ready packaging by 2025.
4. Certified Organic Labeling Program is Coming to Cannabis in 2020
The new program aims to make the connection clearer between organic, fine foods and cannabis.
5. ONE Banana Certifies Organic Production with FAIRTRADE Standard
ONE Banana's organic farm in Peru is certified under the FairTrade International standard, complying with fair and sustainable trade practices, as well as international labor standards such as the payment of a fair price and fair wages for workers.