All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 105
CA Rains Impacts Citrus, Veg Transition, OPS Ed Session, Navigating Global Markets and more...
As winter vegetable production from Mexico and the deserts of Arizona and California starts to wind down, weather issues continue to cause supply gaps, and prices on some organic items are reaching record levels.
While California is experiencing one of the coldest and rainiest winters in over 50 years, several of the state’s largest organic citrus producers are experiencing exceptional quality and flavor in their crops.
Global export markets can provide opportunities for producers in competitive domestic markets. Understanding the global landscape and determining what markets are best for your products is crucial to success. While there are tools and programs to help, the landscape continues to change.
1. Sanky, The Forgotten Fruit of the Incas
2. New Research Shines Light on Crop Protection Alternatives to Fumigation
3. GRO Organic Hits the Ground Running with Major Programs Underway
4. Uncle Matt’s Organic Celebrates Twenty Year Anniversary
5. Russia to Adopt New Law on Organics