All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 110
Homegrown's Stone Fruit, Organic Rhubarb, Veg-Land's Rob Gurney, Pure Flavor, and more...
Pure Flavor began in 2003 by a trio of co-founders— President Jamie Moracci, Chief Financial Officer Jeff Moracci and Executive Vice President Matt Mastronardi—who were seeking an opportunity to utilize their produce backgrounds to gain ground and build relationships across the retail space.
While a drop in the bucket in terms of produce sales dollars, organic rhubarb continues to attract consumers in early spring with a sense of nostalgia and curiosity. And for retailers seeking more promotion-friendly spring items, rhubarb manages to satisfy, despite its low volume/dollar realities.
Homegrown Organic Farms has enhanced its apricot program for this season as it continues to “define and refine” its supplies of stone fruit to eliminate the peaks and valleys and offer its customer a steady flow of organic offerings throughout the spring and summer.
Veg-Land Inc. was founded by the Matiasevich Family over 35 years ago. They grow, process, and distribute high quality fruits and vegetables with a focus on organic. Rob has been the at JBJ - Veg-Land for over 26 years and recently sat down to talk about the current and future state of organic.
- Grimmway Celebrates Anniversary with Industry & Friends
- CCOF Announces Appointment of April Crittenden as Chief Certification Officer
- How This Man Has Turned a Dubai Warehouse into an Organic Farm
- French Consider Banning Organic Label for Heated Greenhouse Product
- Growing Organic Wine Consumption Will Reach 87.5 Million Cases by 2022