All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 112
Organic Tomato Update, Del Rey's Patrick Lucy, Bostock NZ, Cal Giant Berries, and more...
John Bostock is the man behind Bostock New Zealand and the pioneer of commercial organic apple production in the country of New Zealand. He and his wife Vicki started out as conventional apple and squash growers in the ’80s, living on an apple orchard with their three young boys and quickly becoming concerned with the industry’s liberal use of pesticides and other artificial substances. That led to a search for healthier and safer alternatives.
Del Rey Avocado is a leader in growing, packing and selling California’s organic avocados. OPN sat down with Vice President of Sales, Patrick Lucy, to learn more about Del Rey’s history, growth and their commitment to the future of organic.
On May 7, the U.S. Department of Commerce is slated to drop the Tomato Suspension Agreement and its minimum price provision, replacing it with a 17 percent duty on all tomatoes imported from Mexico.
1. Sweet Corn Out, Sweet Potatoes In: Data Shows Fundamental Shifts in American Farming
2. Grimmway Farms Recognizes Employees and Students at Local Picnic
3. Albertsons Companies Unveils New Pledge to Reduce Plastic Use in Packaging
4. Stemilt Celebrates 30 Year Anniversary of Growing Organics
5. Griffin Reappointed COO as UNFI Moves to Unite Supervalu