All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 140
Organic Cranberries, Vegetable Transition, OGS Grower of the Year, Hemp, and More...
California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF) and the Organic Produce Network (OPN) will honor long-time organic growers Lundberg Family Farms as the recipient of the third annual Organic Grower Summit’s Grower of the Year. Lundberg Family Farms was selected based on the company’s ongoing commitment and dedication to excellence in organic production and organic industry leadership and innovation.
The cranberry harvest is currently in full swing, and with the holiday season approaching, it’s the perfect time to take a look at what’s going on in the organic cranberry industry. Organic cranberries comprise a rather small percentage of total cranberry sales—just shy of 6 percent, a number that significantly trails organic produce’s overall 14.6-percent share of the produce category.
Last week, Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue announced the long-awaited establishment of the U.S. Domestic Hemp Production Program. This interim final rule aims to create a consistent regulatory framework around hemp production throughout the United States.
- Hawaii Nonprofit Leverages Farming to Serve Homeless and Disabled
- Stemilt Growers Launches Online Courseware Series
- Somerset's Organic Farmers Could Be 'Decimated' in Event of No-Deal Brexit
- How Regenerative Agriculture and Organic Farming Helps the Earth
- Organic Trade Association Announces Webinar on NOSB Fall Meeting