All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 148
Good Eggs' Ben Hartman, Organic Citrus, Plant Health at OGS, Crisp Forecasting and more...
Ben Hartman is the senior category manager for perishables at Good Eggs, a Bay Area online grocery delivery service. Founded in 2011, Good Eggs specializes in primarily local, organic food and averages around 10,000 deliveries a week. Hartman joined OPN to talk about his background in produce, his work at Good Eggs, and his recent experience at the Organic Grower Summit.
At the recent Organic Grower Summit in Monterey, CA, Pavich joined Dr. Danielle Kirkpatrick, global technical support coordinator with Trécé, Inc., and Pete Anecito, director of operations at Mission Ranches, for a wide-ranging panel discussion on organic plant health, moderated by Gwendolyn Wyard, vice president of regulatory and technical affairs with the Organic Trade Association.
Crisp is a forecasting platform specifically developed for the food supply chain, with a mission to reduce food waste by delivering accurate, precise demand forecasts, thereby setting the stage for optimal production, inventory, and service levels.
- Western Growers Urges Senate Action on Ag Labor Crisis
- Joe Barsi Named as President of California Giant Berry Farms
- There’s a New National Hemp Growers Association in Town
- Does a Loophole in Organic Standards Encourage Deforestation?
- Study Finds that Organic Produce can Benefit from Bug Bites