All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 151
GrubMarket's Mike Xu, 2020 Organic Trends, Green Field Farms, Organic Cannabis, and more...
Green Field Farms delivers the trifecta of leading consumer trends - organic, local, sustainable - with unparalleled authenticity grounded in the heritage and values of their faith. They shared their vision, mission, and the practices that set them apart at the first “Beyond Organic Forum”, held January 22 in Wilmot, OH.
Mike Xu is the founder and CEO of GrubMarket, a company he started in 2014 to connect consumers more directly to fresh produce and other healthy food items. His goal was to leverage e-commerce to shorten the food supply chain to get better prices for both consumers and producers.
Organic industry experts were recently invited to share their thoughts on organic produce trends for 2020, and while they were less enthusiastic about the word trend, the industry insiders had plenty to say about what excites and concerns them for the year ahead in produce.
1. UCANR to Establish First-Ever California Organic Institute
2. Twelve Organic Certifiers Recognized for Enforcement Successes
3. CCOF Partners with Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold During Super Bowl to Provide Grants to Farmers who Wish to Grow Organic Crops
4. Grimm Families Establish Center for Agricultural Business in Largest Gift Ever to CSU Bakersfield
5. Cece's Veggie Co. Organic Squash Fries