All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 152
Organic Asparagus, Michael Ableman, Pelger on 'Local vs. Organic', OPS Data Analysis Ed Session, and more...
Michael Ableman has been farming organically for more than four decades and is a major voice in the organic farming movement. He is the founding director of the Center for Urban Agriculture at Fairview Gardens, an organic farm and educational institute in Goleta, CA. He currently lives and works on his 120-acre family farm on Salt Spring Island in British Columbia, and he also directs Sole Food Street Farms. Ableman joined OPN for a conversation about his work.
Nearly twenty five percent of shoppers think that all locally grown produce is associated with organic. Ron Pelger emphasizes the importance of educating consumers with ads, signage and communication.
New consumer data and analysis related to increased organic fresh produce sales from a pair of the industry’s leaders will be featured as part of an educational session at the fifth annual Organic Produce Summit, in Monterey, CA.
1. Bridges Produce Announces New Rico Farms Location
2. Cal-Organic Farms Offers Limited Edition Red Bunch Carrots
3. Berry Growers Commit to 100% Recycle-Ready Packaging
4. Certified Organic Labeling Program is Coming to Cannabis in 2020
5. ONE Banana Certifies Organic Production with FAIRTRADE Standard